Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Camp Chef SmokePro Pellet Smoker/Grill 2 Year Review. Can it Grill Burgers?

Happy July Fourth! I mention in the video that I posted my first video on this pellet smoker on July 4th 2016, but that was on my other channel https://youtu.be/jEljvuxlCqs and to this day that remains my most watched video! With the popularity of that vid I was encouraged to create this channel, as that one is mostly dedicated to pipe smoking.

The one question that I asked that I failed to answer is can you grill on this pellet smoker? In my opinion, not foods that cook quickly like burgers. Yes, the burgers cooked just fine and were juicy and tasty, but I like a burger with a nice char, so that's why I have the optional sear box on my smoker. But seeing that burgers cook so quickly I prefer to either smoke them low and slow on this pellet smoker followed by searing on the sear box, or grilled over charcoal on my grill. I fully expect that I'll get comments saying the brand X or Y can grill, and I'm open to testing them out, but if they only get to 400 degrees they aren't hot enough for the way I like my burgers cooked, which is over 600-degree charcoal.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment